Embark on an unforgettable adventure with your loved ones at Margaritaville Lake Resort! Gather your family, put on your flip-flops, and head to a family-friendly getaway you will never forget. With the shores of Lake Conroe as its backdrop, this resort offers an island vibe inspired by Jimmy Buffett in the heart of Texas. It’s a drivable escape for Texans to venture to paradise that’s close to the Houston area. This hidden gem is a perfect family destination to consider for Spring or Summer breaks.
This is a sponsored post by Margaritaville Resorts. All opinions are my own.
Margaritaville Houston Guide
- Why You Should Visit Margaritaville Lake Resort
- Margaritaville Lake Conroe Guide
- Margaritaville Lake Resort Dining
- Fun Things to Do at Margaritaville
- Margaritaville Texas Special Offer
- Don’t forget these road trip essentials
Why You Should Visit Margaritaville Lake Resort
Get ready for some serious fun during your visit. This resort offers relaxation and recreation in one perfect spot right off Lake Conroe. It’s the perfect blend of lake latitude.
Margaritaville Lake Conroe Guide
This resort is the perfect place to escape for a family vacation or even a romantic retreat. Guests can enjoy lake life by renting a watercraft to explore Lake Conroe and take advantage of a beautiful three-acre waterpark designed for both adults and kids. Margaritaville appeals to many personalities as it offers opportunities to relax and disconnect while encouraging guests to take advantage of a variety of recreational activities.
Where is Margaritaville Texas located?
Margaritaville Lake Conroe Resort is located in Montgomery, Texas next to Lake Conroe. Montgomery, TX is approximately 55 miles north of Houston, Texas. Depending on your driving speed, the resort is one hour north of Houston.
How long should you visit?
I recommend staying at least two nights but going for three nights and four days if your budget allows. A three-night, four-day stay will give you ample time to enjoy all the amenities Margaritaville has to offer.
Where to Stay
There are a variety of options to choose from. There are 303 luxury suites and 32 waterfront cottages guests can reserve. All guest suites are equipped with mini-refrigerators and Keurig coffee makers. There are microwaves in the cottages.
- Suites – Margaritaville offers King-bed, double-bed, accessible, and executive suites. The 1,800 square feet Jimmy Buffett Presidential Suite is the luxury escape located on the highest floor of the resort tower.
- Lakefront Cottages – The cottage offers a master bedroom with a king bed and a full-size pullout bed in the living room.
- Lake Cottages with Lofts – Offers a master bedroom with a king bed, a full-size pullout bed in the living area, and kid-friendly loft space with two extra full-size beds. Our family stayed here during our stay. The location of the cottages is very convenient and within walking distance of many of the resort’s amenities. Watch this cottage tour to see what’s inside.
The luxury lakefront cottages offer private covered patios and privacy for your party. We enjoyed having a separate bedroom in our cottage for added space and privacy.
Margaritaville Lake Resort Dining
There’s no need to leave the resort for nearby dining (but you can travel 25 miles south to The Woodlands if you want more options). Guests can enjoy a variety of food and beverages offered on-site and in the room. With seven dining options, there are plenty of options to eat and drink. We enjoyed dining at many of the resort’s restaurants while also taking advantage of room service. I highly recommend their charcuterie board to snack on!
Landshark Bar & Grill
Landshark Bar & Grill offers lakefront dining with 30 boat slips. There is a waterfront patio that offers a panoramic view of Lake Conroe. Enjoy a laid-back dining experience with a menu that includes a mix of food and signature drinks. The fish tacos are great, a little spicy though. Our burgers were very tasty!
License to Chill Cafe is a three-meal-a-day eatery with floor-to-ceiling windows and an outdoor terrace overlooking the resort’s lush lagoon water park and beautiful Lake Conroe. The menu consists of salads, wraps, and cocktails. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
More dining options
- Joe Merchant’s Coffee & Provisions – Grab your Starbucks drinks here. Also offers grab-and-go food and drinks.
- Boathouse Bar & Lounge – Serving light bites, dinner, dessert, and cocktails.
- Playin’ A Round Cafe– Located at The Golf Club at Margaritaville Lake Resort.
- Waterpark swim-up and walk-up bars – read more below. These are NOT open to the public.
Fun Things to Do at Margaritaville
There’s not a shortage of fun here. Head to the front desk to grab an updated schedule of events and amenities during your stay. Get ready to make the best memories in paradise – Texas-style. Families can enjoy an extensive list of entertainment and amenities at Margaritaville.
Jolly Mon Waterpark
The Jolly Mon Waterpark is a sight to be seen. Nestled in front of beautiful Lake Conroe, this waterpark features a swim-up bar, an infinity pool, a lazy river, a splash zone, a large hot tub, and plenty of lounge chairs to relax in.
The waterpark offers two dining options:
- The Lone Palm Pool Bar is poolside and offers classic American beach food and drinks.
- 5 o’Clock Somewhere Bar – This rustic swim-up pool bar runs on island time and serves up tasty bar bites, tropical drinks, good times, and breathtaking sunsets daily.
St. Somewhere Spa
Make sure you take some time at the St. Somewhere Spa and Salon. They offer a variety of spa treatments including the Himalayan Salt Stone Massage with CBD Oil that I thoroughly enjoyed! The ladies in the lobby swear by their Milk and Honey Body Bliss body treatment.
The spa also has a nail and hair salon, a whirlpool tub, steam rooms, and relaxation lounges.
There’s an array of recreational activities and special events that include:
- Fitness Center – This is a fully-equipped fitness center that features three modern workout studios offering cardio equipment, free weights, spin bikes, and two racquetball courts.
- 18-hole golf course – Play a round of golf on a par-71 USGA-certified course, set in a landscape of tall pines, sandy beaches, and cascading waterfalls. This golf course is open to the public.
- Indoor arcade
- Mini golf, pickleball, and tennis courts
- Water sports – Visit Einstein’s surf and boat shop to rent boats, pontoons, paddleboards, kayaks, and more! Located at the water’s edge, here you can get out of the water with a boat or watercraft rental.
- Einstein’s Party Barge Cruise – This cruise departs every Saturday at 6:oo p.m. Get tickets here.
- Calendar of Events – Changes weekly!
- Local Experiences – Explore the Lake Conroe area.
Margaritaville Texas Special Offer
Experience a Margaritaville state of mind without breaking the bank. Book your stay with exclusive reader savings.
Can you enjoy the waterpark without staying at Margaritaville Lake Resort?
Margaritaville Lake Conroe offers day passes and cabana rentals through ResortPass.
Are the pools heated?
There are two outdoor pools that are heated year-round: the infinity pool near the swim-up bar and the water slide area.
Are their lifeguards at the waterpark?
Lifeguards are not staffed during the non-peak season. We visited in early March and there were no lifeguards present.
Can we come and spend the day at the resort if we aren’t staying there?
The mini-golf course, tennis and pickleball courts, fitness center, water park, beach, and boat rentals are reserved for hotel guests only, however, the golf course, on-site spa, and sit-down restaurants (LandShark Bar & Grill, License to Chill, Joe Merchant’s and Playin’ A Round Cafe) are all open to the public.
Are pets welcome at Margaritaville Lake Resort?
Margaritaville Lake Resort is NOT a pet-friendly resort.
Margaritaville Lake Conroe is a wonderful family-friendly destination that appeals to many ages. It’s a perfect place for traveling groups to stay since there are so many dining, lodging, and entertainment options to take advantage of. There’s nothing like being close to the water and escaping the stressors of everyday living.
I highly recommend visiting Margaritaville during the peak season when warmer weather allows for more waterpark and outdoor fun. In the event, you do experience bad weather the resort still has plenty of indoor options to enjoy, but the waterpark and Lake Conroe are what shine at this resort.
We will definitely take the road trip again to experience this resort during the Summer months. Moms, take advantage of the spa during your visit to recharge! I promise your kids will be okay with your traveling partner for a few hours. In summary, my kids can’t stop talking about our stay since we returned – That’s always a good sign!
Don’t forget these road trip essentials
Get ready to hit the road and explore these fun family road trip ideas: