Corpus Christi, Texas, is known for its beautiful beaches and warm weather, making it a popular destination for families looking to escape the daily grind. Among the many beachfront properties in the area is the Lively Beach Resort, a stunning hotel situated right on the shore of the Gulf of Mexico. With its prime location, luxurious amenities, and beautiful atmosphere, the Lively Beach Resort is the perfect place to unwind and soak up the sun. In this review, we will take a closer look at what makes this resort a top choice for travelers seeking a fun and relaxing beach vacation in Corpus Christi, TX.
Lively Beach offered our family a complimentary stay in exchange for this review. All opinions are my own.
Lively Beach Guide
- Everything you need to know about Lively Beach Resort
- Where is Lively Beach?
- Reservations and Check-in Process
- Things to Do at Lively Beach Resort
- Things to do in Corpus Christi
- Learn more about Lively Beach
- Share on Social
- More Texas Vacation Ideas
Everything you need to know about Lively Beach Resort
Corpus Christi has several beautiful beaches, including Padre Island National Seashore, which offers miles of pristine coastline. Lively Beach offers a good balance of family fun in the sun. The property is surrounded by luscious palm trees and brightly colored buildings.
Where is Lively Beach?
Lively Beach is located on the north end of Padre Island, which is south of Corpus Christi, TX. It is part of Padre Island National Seashore, which is a protected area that offers miles of beach, sand dunes, and wildlife. It’s very pet friendly and I lost count of all the dogs I encountered.
Lively Beach is known for its wide open spaces and is popular with those who enjoy beach camping, fishing, and surfing. Visitors can access the beach by driving down Park Road 22 and taking the Malaquite Beach exit. From there, Lively Beach is a short drive north along the beach. The resort is right next to that. Mustang Island is nearby in Port Aransas, TX.
The Lively Beach resort is located at 138 Zahn Road, Corpus Christi, TX, 78410. Experience a new side of Mustang Island at this stunning property.
Driving time to Lively Beach from these Texas destinations:
- Dallas: 6.5 hours
- Austin 3.5 hours
- Houston: 3.75 hours
- San Antonio: 2.5 hours
Reservations and Check-in Process
The reservations and check-in process were seamless. Guests can check in digitally and receive a code to enter their condos. Check out digitally the same way. There is an office located in the main building with friendly staff should you have questions or need assistance.
Our family stayed at a studio, 2-bathroom with a deck. It’s perfect for a family of four like ours. My husband and I slept in the room while the kids slept in the living area on a king fold-out bed.
The second bathroom had a bathtub while the other had an upscale shower.
The dining area and full kitchen include stainless steel appliances, granite counters, and a dining table with seating for four. This space isn’t large but it’s big enough for our family of four.
There are a variety of hotel rooms to choose from depending on your party’s size and needs:
- Studio efficiency, 1 bath
- Studio, 1 bath
- 1 bedroom, 2 bathrooms with deck
- 1 bedroom, 2 bathrooms with den and patio
- 1 bedroom, 2 bathrooms with loft and deck (having private decks is a great way to experience this property)
- 2 bedroom, 3 bathroom with deck
Things to Do at Lively Beach Resort
Lively Beach offers a private boardwalk to the beach. You will find a vibrant beach. There is plenty of space to find a spot to just relax with your toes in the sand. We brought our own meals down to the beach and enjoyed our picnic. It was a very windy day, but we were able to set up our tent and fly our kite with no problem.
Walking my dog, Dax, to the beach for the first time was one of my favorite things to do on this trip. He loved every second of this trip! It was a blessing to take him on a beach vacation. Why did it take us this long?
Isn’t it funny how you can take the kids to a spectacular beach and all they talk about is the on-site pool? The kids could not wait to visit the pool every afternoon of our vacation (after our beach time). The Lively Beach resort-style pool serves as an ideal location for gatherings, featuring a unique island in the center with submerged seating.
The outdoor pool has ample seating options including loungers, tables, and chairs. There’s plenty of space to swim and lounge.
Lively Beach has multiple rooftop decks throughout the property for guests to enjoy. With stunning views, the two rooftop decks at Lively Beach provide excellent spots to relax at the end of a beach day.
More outdoor features
Lively Beach features an outdoor fire pit, yard games, and outdoor grills with sinks! Our family enjoyed some device-free fun by playing washers and bean bag toss outdoors.
How close is Lively Beach resort to the beach?
There is private access to the beach from Lively Beach Resort. Enjoy walkable beach access on their scenic dune boardwalk.
Unfortunately, there are only stairs going up the boardwalk and not a ramp making it challenging to take wagons, wheelchairs, or strollers. There is a ramp on the other side entering the beachfront but not entering the hotel. I recommend renting a golf cart or taking your car to the beach if you have to haul a lot of things to the beach.
Is Lively Beach pet-friendly?
Lively Beach is pet-friendly. Fees apply. Our dog stayed comfortably inside our hotel and felt right at home.
Can you rent a golf cart?
Yes! Guests can rent a golf cart from a third-party vendor. It’s a great option if you don’t want to drive your car to the beach and get it dirty.
Can you drive to the beach?
Yes! A beach permit is required for parking along certain sections of the beach. Corpus Christi Beach Permits are good through the end of the year and available for only $12.
Is there a grocery store nearby?
Yes! There is an HEB minutes away if you forgot any last-minute beach vacation items or prefer to shop for beach vacation meals upon arrival.
Is there a Lively Beach Discount code?
- Code: use code MODERN to save on booking a stay.
- Booking dates: 03/27/2023-NO END DATE
- Stay Dates: Sunday- Thursday.
- Room Types: All studios, 1 bed 2 baths, 1 bed 2 bath deck, 1 bed 2 bath dens.
- Promo: 15% off 2 Night minimum. Media Stay: Modern Mom Life. Blackout dates excluded.
Things to do in Corpus Christi
There are so many fun things to do at Lively Beach Resort. However, our family loves to get out and explore the surroundings.
Corpus Christi, TX is a vibrant coastal city with plenty of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Here are some fun places to visit in Corpus Christi:
- Visit the USS Lexington Museum on the Bay: This World War II-era aircraft carrier is now a museum.
- Check out the Texas State Aquarium: This aquarium features exhibits on marine life native to the Gulf of Mexico and beyond, as well as interactive displays and shows.
- Explore the South Texas Botanical Gardens & Nature Center: This 182-acre garden and nature center showcases the flora and fauna of the Gulf Coast region and includes walking trails, butterfly gardens, and a birding tower.
- Visit the Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History: This museum offers hands-on exhibits on science, history, and culture in South Texas.
- Take a tour of the Corpus Christi Bayfront: This scenic area offers stunning views of the Gulf of Mexico and is home to many shops, restaurants, and bars. You can also find the infamous two-story Whataburger in Downtown Corpus Christi!
- Enjoy water sports: Corpus Christi offers a range of water sports, including fishing, kayaking, paddle boarding, and windsurfing.
- Visit the Selena Museum: This museum is dedicated to the life and music of the late Tejano superstar Selena.
- Go on a dolphin-watching tour: Several tour companies offer dolphin-watching tours in the Corpus Christi area.
- Dining: There are a variety of restaurants nearby. My favorite Corpus Christi seafood restaurant is Doc’s Seafood for the beautiful views and live music! Consider driving to Port Aransas for more shopping and dining options.
Learn more about Lively Beach
The Lively Beach resort provides good vibes all around. If you are looking for a Texas beach vacation that isn’t extremely expensive but still feels luxurious, Lively Beach is a good option. With plenty to do on the resort and off, families are sure to make memories that last a lifetime. We look forward to our next trip to the Texas coast!
Share on Social
More Texas Vacation Ideas
- Cinnamon Shore – Coming Soon!